Friday, July 20, 2012

Liberals support Coke, Pepsi, Wal-Mart, & JP Morgan Chase?

I am relentless on this food stamps issue, folks. This vote facing Congress could be the beginning of breaking the cycle of abuse that liberals have forced on the American taxpayer. They have maintained this program for decades with the same tactics they use for Medicaid and other wasteful programs -- by shaming those who want to restore fiscal sanity and responsibility to federal spending. The food stamps program costs us nearly $80,000,000,000 (that's 80 BILLION dollars) annually and has to be re-approved every five years by Congress. The last time it was approved was 2007, when the Congress was controlled by Nancy Pelosi (House) and Harry Reid (Senate). Admittedly, it was approved in 2002 by a Republican controlled House, and I do not defend them in that vote. They caved to the liberal pressure and shaming.

So 2012 is the year for either renewing, reducing, or cutting of the food stamps program. Currently, the Republican controlled House is proposing a 2% cut, or about 1.6 billion dollars. Naturally the outcry from the Left is "Do you know how much food that money would buy? Boohoo [sniffle sniffle, "Is my mascara running?"], those poor starving children. Those mean old Republicans want to deprive the babies." Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) tried to sound pious, but succeeded only in showing herself to be holier-than-thou, self-righteous, and ignorant of the meaning of Christ's words when she stated, "In Matthew 25, the first question Christ asks on Judgment Day is, 'Did you feed the poor?"


Sen. Gillibrand appeared to discuss her efforts to prevent cuts to programs that feed the hungry.
(Memo to self: Okay, breathe deeply, and maintain a modicum of composure.)

Comments like these show how ignorant are the liberals who make them. Why do they persist in taking quotes from Scripture that Jesus said to people -- to human beings -- and applying them to GOVERNMENT? On Judgment Day, Jesus is not going to say to the GOVERNMENT, "Government, did you feed the poor?" On Judgment Day Jesus is not going to say to the GOVERNMENT, "Government, whatever you did for the least of my brothers you did for me," or "Government, whatever you failed to do for the least of my brothers, you failed to do for me." On Judgment Day, it is not the GOVERNMENT that will go to Heaven or Hell. It is the PEOPLE, it is HUMAN BEINGS. It is you and I to whom Christ spoke.

If I give out of love for my neighbor so that he might eat, that is a corporal work of mercy. If I "give" because I have no choice because the government requires it and will send me to jail if I do not, that is NOT a corporal work of mercy. It is a duty. I don't think we score many points in heaven for paying our taxes, even if we do it cheerfully. That is what is expected of us. Otherwise, Jesus would have said, "Whatever you give to the GOVERNMENT you give to me." And I think any honest Scripture scholar will agree that Jesus was not noted for his love of the government. If he had been, history and the world would have turned out quite differently.

Yes, Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's." We are expected to pay our taxes. And I do. I don't like it, but I don't want to go to jail. So what is taken from me by the government in taxes may belong the government's. But when the government takes so much and then uses it for purposes that are objectionable to my conscience and my faith, without heeding my objections, then I have to do as the original Tea Partiers did and toss some tea into the harbor and say, "Enough is enough!"

The truth about the food stamps racket is finally being told. Liberals don't want this truth to be told. They don't want Americans to know who truly benefits from the SNAP program. They don't want us to follow the money and see where it leads, since they know it primarily lines the pockets of their major donors and works its way back into their political coffers.

I truly think that we are at a turning point in the history of this country. We are divided into two camps that are fundamentally at odds with each other in culture and in civility and in faith. I believe the rift is bordering on irreparable. Liberals have turned their sleazy Saul Alinsky tactics into an art, and they have an overwhelming majority of the media pushing their agenda. If the conservatives in this country do not come out in full force and turn things around in November, there will be dark days ahead. I for one will be looking for a new place to live, and hoping for a split--literally-- in the lands of this country. Those on the left who are on the downward spiral can take each other down with them and the rest of us can go our way and live free and prosper. I say we start drawing the lines of division now and prepare to give half of the country to the liberals and the other half to us conservatives. And the liberals can have all the food stamps. Of course, we conservatives will produce the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment