Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Coffee Tribute to Truth Tellers

I am not a connoisseur of many things. I drink a lot of coffee, though, so I know what I do and do not like. I do NOT like Starbucks coffee. So I could never endorse their business. However, when it comes to telling the difference between Maxwell House and Folgers and other off-the-shelf brands, I am not picky.

I know people who swear by certain brands (cough - Starbucks), but I have long suspected that they are not the aficionados that they think they are. Jimmy Kimmel must have thought the same thing.

When Starbucks announced recently that it will be selling a $7 cup of coffee, Kimmel had his staff take to the streets to test people's preferences in coffee. The joke was that the two cups of coffee that the volunteers were served during the taste test contained the exact same coffee from the same pot. Watch how they reacted and how they explained which sample they preferred.



When I was a kid we used to say "Liar, Liar, pants on fire!" I think it fits here. Especially since Starbucks tastes like burnt dishwater!

***********************

No comments:

Post a Comment