Friday, December 21, 2012

Starbucks, Planned Parenthood, and Conscience

I knew there was a reason I did not like Starbucks. Well, besides the fact that I cannot stand the taste of their coffee. This story gives me another reason. (Link to story in the previous sentence.) My disdain for Planned Parenthood is no secret. Same with my distaste for Starbucks.

When my husband told me tonight that he bought Starbucks cards for our two teens, I told showed him this story. Then I told him that I will buy them Dunkin' Donuts gift cards. When they open their gifts on Christmas we tell them that, as young Catholics, they will have to make lots of decisions that will force them to weigh their consciences -- as they will all throughout their lives. Making purchases or not will be one of them when they know that a product supports causes that are against our Catholic faith and beliefs.

I suspect that at least one Starbucks cards will be spent before our 13-year-old is confirmed in May!

*********************************
It's your choice...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment