Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Suggestion for a Revised Form 1040 for 2013


They say great minds think alike. Now, I do not know the person who posted the blog piece that I read today (referenced below), but he must be great. That's because he thinks like me!

Just this morning I was thinking about this whole liberal trend of saying that "rich people" need to pay more in taxes. All these people who make millions of dollars are coming out in support of Obama's tax-em-more agenda. Now, I am not a rich person by any stretch of the imagination -- unless you ask the people in Haiti, and they think EVERY American is rich. And I tend to agree with them when you look at their standard of living. That's not an insult, just an observation. But I digress.

So this morning I constructed what I think the Form 1040 should look like for 2013. Here is the change I would make, on page 2 of the form:

Pretty good document alteration, eh? Almost as good as Obama's birth certificate!
Quite by accident this afternoon, while looking for something on taxes for one of my clients, I came across the other "great mind," who came up with a similar idea, albeit a little more subtle than my construct. He wrote his blog here: http://www.pappasontaxes.com/index.php/2009/08/17/irs-voluntary-payment-checkoff-box-for-the-benevolent-rich/.

I'll just call him Pappas the Great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment